This sugar free strawberry ice cream recipe is made of only 3 ingredients. It’s super simple and quick, healthy and so delicious!
Why you will love this strawberry ice cream recipe
- Sugar free: This ice cream recipe is completely without added sugar. It naturally contains sugar (from the strawberries, banana and yogurt) but there’s no added sugar at all, not even artificial sweeteners.
- Simple: The recipe is made of only 3 ingredients and super easy to make!
- Quick: Well, you have to freeze the strawberries and bananas beforehand but then it only takes 5 minutes to prepare this amazing strawberry ice cream.
- Healthy: Made of fruit and yogurt with lots of vitamins and nutrients.
- No ice cream maker required. Just use a blender or food processor (it doesn’t even need to be a super expensive one).
You only need 3 ingredients for this sugar free strawberry ice cream recipe (yes – it’s that simple!):
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries and freeze them beforehand (either the day before or some hours in advance). You could also use store-bought frozen strawberries, but I always find fruit frozen myself much better 🙂
- Bananas: A little bit of banana will make the sugar free ice cream extra creamy (like in classical nice cream recipes).
- Yogurt: Use plain yogurt for this strawberry ice cream. You can use greek yogurt for a super creamy ice cream but you can also use some more skinned alternatives.
Did I mention that this homemade strawberry ice cream is super easy to make? 🙂 Here’s how to make the strawberry ice cream:
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Peel the banana and cut it into pieces as well. Place both fruits in the freezer and freeze for some hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen strawberries and bananas in a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and process until smooth and creamy.
It only takes 5 minutes to prepare this healthy dessert.
So, here’s the recipe:
Sugar free strawberry ice cream
- blender or food processor
- 200 g strawberries frozen
- 50 g banana frozen
- 150 g plain yogurt
- Place the frozen strawberries and bananas in a food processor or blender.
- Add the yogurt.
- Process until creamy.
More healthy snacks and desserts
Fancy some more healthy snack or dessert recipes? What about these: